The Assabet Valley Innovation Alliance (AVIA) Pilot Project is a rapid deployment effort by two 501(C)(6) non-profit organizations; the Massachusetts Innovation Network, and the Assabet Valley Chamber of Commerce. Funded by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the project's objective is to leverage the two organizations' complementary strengths to help kick-start a post-COVID economic revival in the Assabet Valley Region, starting with Hudson, Maynard, Stow, Bolton, and Berlin.
The Objectives of the AVIA pilot projects are three-fold:
1) Spark a flurry of innovative activity and regional cross-sector cooperation.
2) Develop a sustainable local network that will affect short- and long-term economic development.
3) Foster a novel way of entrepreneurial thinking, especially within the youth population.
To achieve these objectives, within the next eight months, we plan to:
1) Creating a diverse steering committee to establish communication pathways to support and enhance cooperation between economic development leaders, legislators, business owners, innovators, entrepreneurs, and educators;
2) Establishing a Mentorship Program to help entrepreneurs sustain systematic economic growth. In tandem, the Alliance will deploy core business workshops and business showcases, to support current entrepreneurial needs;
3) Introducing and/or Supporting youth entrepreneurship programming (in school-aged children) that enhances creative problem solving and pitching skills, like “pup tank.”